Home Remedies for Dark Circles under the Eyes
A lot of men and women develop dark circles under their eyes and these are make a person look very tired and at times older than their age. The different cause of occurrence of dark circles under the eyes is due to stress, depression and fatigue. They also occur due to deficiency of vitamins in the body and exposure to sun can worsen dark circles under the eyes. Though this condition is not a medical concern it causes a lot of annoyance and awkwardness.
Occurrence of Dark Circles
Dark circles occurs even in younger people though it most commonly occurs in people of older age group. The dark circles or bags under the eyes make them feel very awkward and are known to worsen with age. It is a hereditary condition but there are many other factors that are the cause of these dark circles under the eyes.
Also Read : Important Tips to Follow to Look Great Without makeup
Some of the factors include improper diet, improper sleep, excessive smoking or drinking, allergies and pollution. Pregnancy, and hormonal imbalance at the time of menstruation also contribute to occurrence of dark circles. There are a lot of products available in the market that can minimize the effect of these dark circles, but it is better to make use of products that are safe and do not contain harsh chemicals in it as the skin under the eyes is very delicate.
Cucumber must be cut in to slices and kept in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and then placed over each eye. You can use cucumber slices two time a day to notice changes and the face must be washed with Luke warm water after 15 minutes.
Cucumber has both cooling and astringent properties and it is easily available and widely used for treating dark circles. Juice of cucumber can also be extracted and applied on the area of dark circles by applying it with a cotton ball. Cucumber juice can also be mixed along with lime juice and applied on the dark circles but this must applied only once in a day and for about 8-10 days to notice the changes.
Also Read : How much should you be sleeping every day?
Other Simple Home Remedies
- The other home remedies that can be made use of include use of tea bags, tomato, potato, milk, almond oil, fenugreek seeds, mint and coconut oil.
- Aloe Vera gel can also be applied on the area of dark circles and washed after 30 minutes.
These home remedies provide a soothing effect and must be done regularly to gain effective results.
- Almond oil can be used to massage on the area of dark circles and left overnight to gain good results.
- Revitol eye cream is also made use to decrease the dark circles and it is best for people who feel home remedies are not strong enough.
- If you wish to get rid of dark circles overnight then you must apply lemon juice on the dark spots. It is a bleaching agent and that can be applied to lighten the dark circles and make your eyes look brighter.